This article is for commercial kitchen workers who need to clean range hood filters.
Cleaning the range hood filters in commercial kitchens is an essential aspect of maintenance.
Continue reading to learn how you can clean your hood filters.
How to Clean Hood Filters
After you have learned how to clean them, cleaning hood filters doesn’t take too much effort.
A kitchen hood filter can be cleaned in a matter of minutes using only a few items.
Here are the steps you need to take in order to clean your range hood mesh filters. These are the seven steps that you need to take to clean your range hood mesh filter:
- Your filters should be removed from the hood.
- Hot water will heat up your kitchen sink.
- In hot water, mix dish soap with baking soda.
- Allow the hood filters to soak for between 10 and 15 minutes in the solution.
- Use a non-abrasive cleaner brush to clean the filters.
- Rinse your filters, and then dry them.
- In the kitchen, replace your filters.
How to Know When it’s Time for Hood Filter Cleaning
It is recommended that hood filters be cleaned at least once every week. You should clean your kitchen hood filters frequently due to their important role in protecting your kitchen.
You can get some filters for your kitchen hood that will last for as long as four weeks. However, in general you should have them cleaned and replaced every two weeks.
Three Hood Cleaning Tips
Here are three tips that are important when cleaning filters from kitchen hoods.
- Super hot water is the best (the hotter you make the water the easier it will clean your filters).
- If you aren’t sure you can do it yourself, have a professional clean your kitchen hood filters.
- You should clean the entire range hood in your kitchen on a weekly basis.
When to Call a Professional Hood Cleaning Service
There are many ways to tell when it is time for a professional hood filter cleaning company to come to your restaurant or commercial kitchen.
- You don’t feel confident about your ability to clean filters in the kitchen hood.
- You don’t have the time to do a thorough range hood filter cleaning.
- You are forgetting to clean the Kitchen Hood. It is best to arrange a regular cleaning by a kitchen hood filter cleaner.
- You don’t have what you need to clean the Kitchen hood.
- Commercial kitchen inspections are coming up so you want to keep your kitchen hood clean.
Hood Filter Cleaning Service
Chicago Hood Cleaning Pros offers assistance in routine cleaning and inspections, as well as range hood filter cleaning.
Our commercial kitchen hood cleaning experts would be pleased to help you preserve the integrity of it.
Chicago Hood Cleaning Pros is committed to the safety, reliability, and efficiency of your commercial kitchen. We are here to assist you in keeping your employees safe and to protect the integrity of the workplace.
Chicago Hood Cleaning Pros will be happy to assist you with commercial kitchen cleaning. Give us a call at 773-207-4344.